TAVNEOS in combination with standard therapy was proven to help people living with ANCA-associated vasculitis reach and stay in remission
TAVNEOS® (avacopan) is not a steroid. It is a targeted therapy that was designed to block a receptor involved in ANCA-associated vasculitis.
- TAVNEOS blocks the interaction of a receptor on an immune cell in your body (called a neutrophil) and a protein called C5a
- When C5a binds to the C5a receptor (C5aR) on neutrophils, C5aR-activated neutrophils play a role in the of small to medium-sized blood vessels
- This interaction is believed to be a crucial part of the development of ANCA-associated vasculitis, and by blocking it, TAVNEOS may help reduce inflammation
- The precise mechanism by which TAVNEOS works in ANCA-associated vasculitis has not been definitively established
TAVNEOS was studied in a clinical trial that aimed to test whether participants could achieve and sustain. To test this, trial participants were given either TAVNEOS or a steroid (also known as prednisone, which was reduced according to a set schedule). Both groups received rituximab or cyclophosphamide and azathioprine.
TAVNEOS in combination with standard therapy was proven as a superior approach in maintaining remission to standard therapy alone
TAVNEOS was studied in a clinical trial involving 330 adults living with ANCA-associated vasculitis over 52 weeks
about adding TAVNEOS today if you’re still
experiencing signs and symptoms of
What are the most common side effects of TAVNEOS?
The most common side effects are nausea, headache, high blood pressure, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, tiredness, stomach pain, dizziness, increase in blood creatinine, and burning or prickling sensation. However, these are not all of the possible side effects that may occur with TAVNEOS.
Who should not take TAVNEOS?
Do not take TAVNEOS if you are allergic to avacopan or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. See the Medication Guide for a complete list of the ingredients in TAVNEOS.
Seek medical help immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Swollen lips/tongue/throat
- Trouble swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
These could be signs of an allergic reaction. Do not take any more TAVNEOS until you have consulted with your healthcare provider.